Planning Your Wedding Day with Panache
‘’ PLANNING YOUR WEDDING DAY’’
1 YEAR TO GO:
- Discuss priorities, such as the type, size & formality of Ceremony & Reception.
- Make a list of your top ten priorities, which will guide all spending decisions.
- Discuss finances, including if and what family member/s will contribute.
- Establish a budget.
- Open joint banking accounts and/or credit cards.
- Select wedding date and an alternative date.
- Get a rough idea of the guest list.
- Discuss and visit possible ceremony and reception locations.
- Set up an organisational system e.g.: a binder or a computer spreadsheet.
- Look through magazines, visit bridal fayres to get ideas on attire, invitations, flowers, cakes etc.
- Hire a wedding planner.
- Finalise the wedding date.
- Book the ceremony site.
- Book the reception venue.
9 MONTHS TO GO:
- Find out requirements for the marriage license and other legal issues. Visit the registrar if you’re having a civil ceremony. If you’re marrying in church, make an appointment to visit your minister.
- Select bridesmaids, best man, ushers, flower girl to take part in your wedding. Make sure they are all available on your chosen date.
- Select wedding stationery.
- Post “save the date” cards.
- Register for gifts in store/s.
- Begin shopping for bridal attire, photographer, florist, cake artist, caterer, wedding rings, transport & musicians/DJ or band.
- Check budget that you are not overspending.
- Order you wedding dress & bridesmaids/flower girl attire or ensure the dressmaker has started making the dresses.
- Book photographer.
- Book caterer.
- Book cake artist.
- Book florist.
- Book transport.
- Book a band, DJ or other entertainment for the ceremony & reception.
5 MONTHS TO GO:
- Select and order men’s attire.
- Finalise guest list.
- Choose and meet with officiant and schedule any required premarital classes.
- Select musicians for ceremony.
- Select music for the ceremony.
- Appoint a venue dressing co-ordinator to purchase or make decorations for the venue.
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms for guests.
- Make honeymoon plans.
3 MONTHS TO GO:
- Mail invitations.
- Finalise photography needs.
- Finalise menu.
- Finalise cake.
- Finalise flowers.
- Purchase or make favours.
- Purchase or make gifts for attendants & other special helpers.
- Make arrangements for the rehearsal, including dinner.
- Finalise wedding day transportation between venues.
- Finalise wedding rings.
- Finalise ceremony details, including vows and order of service.
- Review and update gift registry.
- Collect bridal attire and arrange alterations.
- Schedule appointments with hair stylist and other beauty – related services.
- Begin writing thank you notes for gifts that have been received.
1 MONTH TO GO:
- Get marriage license and finalise all other legal matters.
- Finalise honeymoon plans.
- Attend bachelor / bachelorette parties.
- Continue writing thank you notes for gifts that have been received.
- Have a final dress fitting.
1 WEEK TO GO:
- Confirm that vendors have your schedule.
- Give final head count to the chef or caterers
- Collect any rental attire.
- Pack wedding day bag, including accessories and emergency items.
- Pack Honeymoon bags and arrange foreign currency if required.
- Attend rehearsal and dinner.
- Go to beauty related trial appointment.
- Run through any last minute details.
YOUR WEDDING DAY:
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- Relax in a warm bubble bath.
- Make sure the best man has the rings.
- Relax while your hair & make-up is applied.
- Get dressed
- The photographer will be there to capture the moment.
- The wedding car arrives to take you to your ceremony.